Tuesday 24 January 2012

feeling a little quilty...

My DSLR is giving me grief at the moment, so I've been capturing life on my iphone using Instagram. You can find me at kittyspeer, or over here on Webstagram. Are you on Instagram? Leave me a comment if you are, so I can find you.
I've been sneaking out to the studio a few nights a week for a little sewing therapy. I'm currently quilting away at a few different projects. The first being a sweet custom order for a friends niece. I pinned it all up last night and started quilting only to run into some walking foot issues. I think I need to loosen the foot tension a bit, as there's a lot of puckering happening. I'm on the mad hunt for one of my three quick-un-picks to undo it and start again. 
Meanwhile, I've got this little lovely on the go. I've called it the happy farmer. It's only teeny at 60cm x 70cm, but that's perfect for the carseat or pram. The farm fabric was a gift my sister brought back from Paris, the cherries and red gingham are both vintage, the rest are a mix of new brights. I'm debating whether to keep it or sell it... I'll keep you posted.
Forever one step ahead of myself, I've got two more bundles ready to go. Both of these will most likely become teeny quilts too. Both of these bundles are all recent fabrics, but I do like the vintage feel they create when together.
I particularly like this one below.
I'm off to stitch some more. Have a delightful evening, whatever you're up to.

1 comment:

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh my goodness Kitty so much gorgeousness going on here! loving both the quilt tops, and those bundles are to die for. Can't wait to see them in quilty form xo