Thursday 23 June 2011

my creative space...

Lo & behold! All you non believers who are pressing their noses against the screen to see if it is real, save your pointy little schnouts & back right up.
For yes, it is real... I made something! Hurrah & hurrah again.
I do believe it is perhaps the wonkiest most unperfect quilt to have ever been quilted, but that shall not stop me from basking in the glory of its splendour.
This sweet little quilt was intended for the shop, but I'm afraid with all its puckering & dodgy bias binding it's a bit too faulty to sell. Maybe I'll save it as a gift for someone who will appreciate the wonk. If wonk equals love, then there's a bucketload of love in this here quilt I tells ya.
Our house is dark, dark, dark, so I thought I'd quickly pop outside while it wasn't raining to photograph it. Ha! What a debacle that was. I went to hang it from a fence, but the wind was blowing a gale & blew it straight off onto me. I thought I'd go into the paddock & hang it from the other side so the wind held it up against the fence. Was a good idea until the alpacas decided to run at me. With fear of them spitting at me & upon my quilt, I hot-footed it out of there quicksmart. I did my best to shoo them away, but they're curious creatures & also seem to be quite stubborn at times. My next idea was to clip it to another fence. This worked for all of 1 minute before it was ripped off by the wind & thrust upon the ground. The wet, soggy ground that is. Luckily my reflexes are in good shape, for it was only a few seconds on the ground before being rescued. It was also quite lucky not to get snagged on the barb wire.
After all of the above & squelching about the garden without my hunters on (in my house shoes - terrible, I know), the little quilt & I retreated to the porch where we managed a roughly folded shot to show the reverse side. 
I then spent the next hour in front of the fire, thawing myself out.
I hope by the next photoshoot the working conditions will have improved. I might have to complain to the union.
I'm joining in over here. Pop over to see what the rest of the gang is up to.

11 comments:

Tania said...

It's a gorgeous little quilt. I think things are sweeter that have imperfections. They have a non mass produced look. The backing is very nice too. Hope you've thawed out okay.

Carley said...

It's a lovely quilt! Congratulations on getting it finished :)
Handmade pieces with lots of wonkiness are very special

Kylie said...

This is so beautiful! I love it.. especially those little houses on the front! Great work :) Kx

Gaby said...

It's fab! Yay for you! And i do believe that wonk = love. x

Andi said...

Love that wonk!!!

leslie said...

gorgeous! well done, you : )

Tracey@bountifully said...

lovely, well done Kitty!

Amy said...

It's fab! Well done, the love the little houses and the squirrels.

Kate said...

Love the quilt, love even more that you made something and would love most of all to see a little film of you trying to photograph the quilt.
Big love honey. xx

AMM said...

Wonky or not, it's gorgeous!

cityhippyfarmgirl said...

Love it! Would happily have it laying on one of my little peoples beds. That little blue house has the beginnings of many a kids daydream.