Friday 4 March 2011

a love affair...

I have a serious love affair with old things, pretty much anything old will get my attention over something new. Old trucks are right up there for me. The husband & I have owned a few (still have two), & will have more in the years to come, I'm sure.
They have such character & whenever I see one I always replicate the facial expression I think it has. Yes, I'm odd... but all my friends are odd too... This provides much entertainment for Samuel & allows me to express my oddness. You should try it one day. Just look at a truck, try to find a face & make that face on your face... are you following here? Does it have big teeth (grill)? Is it frowning (sunvisor)? Are it's horns straight or bent (stacks)? I'm positive this game would be just as fun for the little folk in your life too.
I also love to draw old trucks. I have a special sketchbook just for the cause. Here are a couple I've roughly sketched. One day I'll tidy them up & make something cute, but for now I'll keep sketching til my sketchbook is overflowing.

I'm out in the studio today, a whole day for craftiness. Woohoo! I've said my prayers to the productivity gods... no procrastinating for me, no way.
Have a happy friday!

3 comments:

teddybearswednesday said...

OH I love this post Kitty. I totally know what you mean about old trucks and their expressions or faces. I don't think you're odd at all. But I've never tried replicating ones face, I might have to try xo

george said...

i probably don't need any more 'oddness' encouragement but of course all odd minds think alike and for that reason I love the idea of truck expressions. The Bedford is grumpy and the Thornycroft is bemused. Glad I'm off on a big roadtrip tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting lots of mechanical personalities along the way!

cityhippyfarmgirl said...

You should have been with me yesterday. I saw the funniest looking old truck. Like nothing I'd seen before, and no idea of what type it was...(how helpful :-) but it was definitely cool. Little Monkey and I just pointed and talked excitedly as it puttered by.
Odd is good.