Thursday 3 February 2011

home sweet home...

Well, we arrived home on tuesday night, but I've been a bit overwhelmed since. The house & garden were in serious need of attention & my brain is trying its hardest to turn the dusty cogs & get back into gear.
We had a great week camping along the east coast. It really was a week full of adventure, involving welding a tow bar, fixing a caravan, a three legged dingo, lace monitors, chilled out kangaroos, risotto stealing possums, a red bellied black snake (almost stepped on by Samuel), driving in 45 degree heat in an overheating car... with no air con! And so much more that just isn't coming to mind right now. I look forward to sharing more when I get everything back into some vague form of order.
Here a few of my favourite pics from our week.



I feel so fortunate to have had this time out when so many others are recovering from floods & cyclones. I truly can't believe the size of cyclone Yasi, my thoughts are with those who have been affected. My mum, sister & nephew evacuated their Yarrabah home & bunkered down at a friends house. I was so relieved to get the call from Dad today to say they are all safe & sound. This weather business is crazy this year. Coming up to Brisbane Samuel drove through Warwick just hours before the roads were cut & on our last day of driving we got through before the princes was shut due to the Nowa Nowa fire. We really do live in a country of great extremes, don't we.
Please bear with me while I get back into it. After more than a month away, I'm having to re-learn the rhythm of home. If you are waiting on an email or a parcel in the post, tomorrow is my day of catch up. Thank you for your patience.
Have a lovely day tomorrow! I look forward to being back in this space again.

3 comments:

bec said...

Yay, welcome back! I've missed your great pics, I love the red dress you're wearing. And that little...err big boy! He'll need to start walking soon, or he'll put your back out haha

pen said...

love the photo of the three of you in the car!
welcome home!

Sonia said...

Welcome back. Beautiful pics of the family:)