Monday 8 March 2010

hairy cows...

Today was very exciting, my birthday present arrived from Sunbury this morning. Samson & Dougall the Highland Cattle steers are now in their new home. They must be so excited to see some green grass, Sunbury is very dry at the moment.
My bump's lookin pretty good too, if I don't say so myself (how's the ego?). I've put on 15 kilos now, I'm so impressed.

This is Dougall, he's 11 months old & was a bit stroppy this afternoon. You see; as they grow, their horns will grow too. If they try to push you around & ask for pats, they must be told off. This is why I'm grabbing his horn, he has to learn that this behaviour is unacceptable. Do you like my stern expression?
Samson is 14 months old & is definitely the leader of the two. He loves to be scratched on the neck right behind the ears. The breeder gave us a special comb to brush them with, as they realy like it when you pull the knots out of their hair.
I love it how they are so tame, you can walk right up to them without any issue. However, the cattle dog thought he'd come & introduce himself... only to be chased away. I don't think he'll be doing that again in a hurry.
Tomorrow I'll show my latest acquisition. She's just beautiful & no she isn't an animal.
Oooh... "what it is?", you ask.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh Dougall has won my heart - He is just gorgeous with that little indie-kid fringe...

Drewzel said...

Oh! Their mop tops!

pen said...

now where in Fitzroy can I keep one of these gorgeous boys?
perhaps I could take him up to the Exhibition Gardens for a walk.......

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

They are magnificent. How wonderful that you get to have such beautiful creatures as part of your life.

Love the new car too, by the way, and wishing you every good thing for the new arrival soon.