Tuesday 13 October 2009

patiently knitting...

Now, let me be honest here & tell you that I haven't knitted a thing over the last year. I've been all crochet a-go-go while my collection of knitting needles stand in their jug, looking glum. And, I also must warn you... that I've never knitted anything from a pattern or anything that involves increasing & decreasing... aaaargh! I just don't have the patience. But now my friends, I am throwing all fear aside & knitting a cardigan. It's a lovely little ribbed piece that was featured in the winter family circle. It's knitted all in one go, so no scary weird sections that I then have to wrangle together. As the cardigan is destined for my wee baby (when it comes out) two balls of 4 ply is all it requires, which is quite economical I think.
I've decided to make the newborn size, which means I have approximately 185 days to complete it. After starting three times already, I think I'm on a magnificent roll. Wish me luck!
That gorgeous fabric sitting underneath is from the latest amitie mail-out. It's just so pretty, I don't know what to make with it. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Beck said...

Hi Kitty, I am so happy to hear about your baby! How exciting for you. I love that you are knitting a little cardi for your sweetie, what a lovely soft colour you have chosen. Probably a good project to get you back into knitting. The fabric is great too, maybe a skirt for you? It could be made into anything, a cushion...depends how much of it you have. Thanks for visiting my blog, xo

Volunteer opportunities said...

I really find it hard to knit that's why I appreciate those people who really knows how. Love to see more of your creations! Hope, I could learn how to knit soon! I really hope.

Kate said...

Oh I wish I knew how to knit or crochet when I was pregnant with my 3. It just seems like the perfect, nurturing, nesting thing to do. Enjoy.