Tuesday 22 September 2009

signing in...

I've just had two of my good friends visit from melbourne. We took a walk to the top of the hill in the glorious afternoon sun, cooked up a big feast for dinner last night & spent today crocheting. They were both very good students. I taught them some basic stitches, then started one off on a face washer & the other completed her first granny square. I must say, it is very rewarding to pass on skills. Now I know how Nanna's must feel.
Here's our quilt in it's rightful place... crumpled on the bed. The husband loves it very much & is so impressed. That just makes my day.
I told myself that I wasn't allowed to start another quilt until this one was complete. So tomorrow morning I shall be amongst my fabric stash choosing the next combination. I'll keep you updated...

2 comments:

Tracey@bountifully said...

your quilt is lovely! I enjoy reading your blog and hearing about your country lifestyle.

Unknown said...

ahhhh... love your quilt! talented lady kaboodle you are :)