Sunday 26 July 2009

trunks...

Do you you remember in this post... one of the rooms used an old trunk as a coffee table.
Well I showed it to the boy & he promptly announced that he had two in his Grandma's shed.
I was jumping up & down with excitement, well maybe that is a little exaggeration. But I'd only ever seen them in antique stores with ridiculous price tags, so yeah. I was a little excited.
Here's one of them all cleaned up & has now found a home in our living room. The other is still waiting for some soapy love. And... would you believe it... I found another this morning at the Grantville market for $20. Do you think three trunks is enough? Or shall I keep my eyes peeled for more. Ha ha, I think I'm addicted to bargain hunting old wares.

3 comments:

Jodie said...

We had an old trunk when i was a kid - I remember when it was disused under the house and I wrote a little love message in the lid !
Thankyou , you have really made me smile!

Leaves of the family tree said...

Can't wait to see the finish product!

CurlyPops said...

I feel an addiction coming on...hee hee